(Last revised on June 30, 2015)
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you. We collect information from you as described below.
Types of Users
- An agent works at an agency using a Controltec product.
- A childcare provider furnishes care to children, the attendance for which is maintained in a Controltec product.
- A parent or other authorized adult uses one of our systems or mobile applications to check children in and out of care.
Information You Provide to Us
- If you access our systems as an agent (“Agent”) we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number and any information you put into the subject section.
- If you access our system as a childcare provider (“Provider”) we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address and secret questions and answers in the event we need to authenticate you if you access our support system.
- If you access our system as a parent or other authorized adult, sometimes called sponsor (“Parent”, “Client”, “Sponsor”) we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address and secret questions and answers in the event we need to authenticate you if you access our support system. If you are a subsidized Client, the agency subsidizing you or your family may require us to collect additional Personal Data, like social security numbers and income information, within the terms and conditions of the state laws and regulations governing their subsidy programs.
- If you are a Client or Parent, you may choose to pay for childcare tuition or subsidy family fees through our Services on our Sites. In that event, will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, which may include your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name, user name and/or e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post messages on our support site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users may be able to see it.
Information Collected via Technology
Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country; by submitting Personal Data through our Service, you expressly consent to the foregoing.
Use of Your Personal Data
We only use the Personal Data you submit to us to respond to requests that you make, to aid us in serving you better, and in the following ways: (a) to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; (b) to identify you as a user in our system and remember your preferences and the progress you have made using our system; (c) to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Service; (d) to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created, and to help you get started using our Services; (e) to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; (f) to respond to your inquiries and requests; (g) to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of support activity or secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and (h) to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Service and for other marketing purposes of Controltec.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Third Party Websites
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(b) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
Security of Your Personal Data
Controltec is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, modification, use, disclosure, or deletion. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people or ever share your Account or password with others. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, you acknowledge that while Controltec uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Controltec cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information or that the information on the Service may not be accessed, modified, used, disclosed, or deleted by unauthorized persons.
Data we collect is backed up and retained on rotating backup media, as well as in offsite storage in bank vaults.