Controltec, Inc. Vice President of People (Remote)
The Vice President of People will provide executive-level leadership and guidance to Controltec’s People Operations including creating an excellent employee experience, and overseeing compensation, benefits, and talent acquisition for the company. This role is also responsible for identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. If you’re excited about building the foundation for a quickly growing and mission-oriented technology company, we’d love to hear from you!
Specifically, the VP of People will:
- Own our Employee Experience by delivering world-class programs and processes that enhance our employee’s productivity, engagement, retention and efficiency.
- Oversee and strategize the future of our hybrid workplace for approximately 80 employees based across the U.S.
- Build HR systems and processes internally with best practices and an ability to scale.
- Be responsible for having a thorough understanding of building and maintaining HR data and analytics dashboards that can provide insights for our executive team to act upon.
- Develop compensation practices across the organization to ensure equitable pay practices, incentives, and employment programs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with outside legal counsel as needed/required.
- Set, enforce and evaluate legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Act as a critical member of the Leadership Team in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans, broad corporate goals, strategic planning and growth objectives
- Drive our talent acquisition strategy and programs
- Play a lead role in integrating acquired companies from aligning systems and processes, analyzing compensation and benefits with an eye towards balancing consistency across the company with retaining staff from acquired companies to ensuring a people-first approach to the integration process that helps newly acquired employees feel valued and connected
- Lead each and every People initiative from a place of inclusivity and provide counsel on diversity efforts to make our company a great place for everybody to work
- All employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The ideal VP of People will have:
- Deep experience evaluating and managing key vendors.
- 10 – 15+ years HR generalist experience; with 5 years in the most senior leadership HR role; working as a key member of a Leadership team.
- Experience standing up and maintaining HR systems for Payroll and Benefits in the United States
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to build trust with people of diverse backgrounds and situations at all levels comes with ease
- The ability to guide others through ambiguity and being savvy in the short-term and driving progress on longer-term, strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience building a People Operations function from the ground up in a fast paced, high growth company
- A collaborative approach; exceptional presentation skills and expertise as a thought leader
- Knowledge of multistate HR laws and regulations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
The following experience and/or certifications are preferred:
- Experience in SaaS or technology companies
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world. We focus on building software for the child care sector.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the United States with the willingness to travel occasionally within the U.S., particularly for collaborative work and team retreats.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive benefits package
Controltec (www.controltec.com) provides subsidy management solutions for childcare providers and agencies throughout the United States. Built and supported by industry experts, all of Controltec’s innovative software solutions share a single goal: allowing users to work smarter and more cost-effectively. Implementation of the Company’s systems enables social service agencies and childcare providers to manage cases more efficiently, reduce clerical errors, remove worker frustration, and reduce fraud.
If you are interested in joining the Controltec family, please send your resume to Lynn Sanger, email@example.com.