Controltec (www.controltec.com) provides subsidy management SaaS solutions for childcare providers, Head Start programs and state agencies throughout the United States. Built and supported by industry experts, Controltec’s innovative platforms share a single goal: allowing users to work smarter and more cost-effectively so that they can focus more on caring for and supporting children and families. Clients find that Controltec’s platforms enable social service agencies and childcare providers to manage cases more efficiently, reduce clerical errors, remove worker frustration, and reduce fraud.
Vice President/Head of Marketing
As VP/Head of Marketing at Controltec, you will lead the Company’s efforts to grow national brand awareness, generate and nurture leads, and improve client engagement via marketing programs with the ultimate goal of providing an unparalleled client experience for all of the players in the subsidized childcare landscape. You’ll have the opportunity to build, coach and lead a high-performing marketing team from the ground up, creating scalable tools and processes to track and measure the impact of the team.
You will report directly to Controltec’s CEO and work closely with her and our founder and Executive Chairman on business strategy and elevating the role marketing plays in the organization.
If you’re excited about the way technology can improve the childcare ecosystem and thrive in an environment of a quickly growing and mission-oriented technology company, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a high performing and professional marketing team that provides support for the Brand, Communications, Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events and Product Marketing
- Optimize budget and marketing investments to deliver value through ROI analytics and insight.
- Use robust market and customer intelligence and analytics to inform Go-to-Market strategies, customer segmentation mapping, product pricing and competitive product positioning.
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive public relations strategy and program ensuring the company brand, investor and customer messaging, and products are promoted and visible across channels and media options.
- Develop, monitor, and report KPIs and objectives, and execute against the annual marketing brand, product marketing, and demand generation strategies.
- Build trust and establish meaningful collaborative relationships with internal business leaders and external strategic partners such as creative, digital marketing, public relations, and other vendors.
- Work with the Controltec leadership team to foster and effectively convey the company’s corporate culture, values and key external messaging.
- Act as the senior-level public relations and reputation risk escalation contact for marketing, brand, and related issues.
- Ensure that all marketing campaigns and user-focused projects meet the company’s objectives and deliver high customer satisfaction and referenceability.
- Participate in M&A initiatives, from Due Diligence through Integration and Customer Day One activities.
- Participate in and lead marketing’s role in various business development initiatives, including pre-sales collateral development, trade shows, prospect-targeting initiatives, pre-sales solutions design, competitive gap analysis, proposal development, and designated RFPs.
The ideal VP/Head of Marketing will have:
- Seven plus years’ experience in marketing with at least five years leading a marketing team in a high-growth organization. We will also consider candidates who have led key marketing teams (e.g., Demand Generation, Marketing Operations, Product Marketing) within a larger marketing organization
- A strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions and execute seamlessly
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing team members and vendors across projects and verticals to maximize resource efficiency and successfully drive sales and brand awareness
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns, trade shows, and user conferences
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics, Google AdWords and other digital marketing tools
- Experience implementing marketing technology and driving demand generation best practices
- Strong advisory, consulting and marketing project management experience
- Experience in the role of social media and community building to engage with end-users and build brand loyalty and advocacy.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience leading, negotiating, problem-solving, influencing, and communicating to all levels of employees, business leaders, and external stakeholder.
- A hands on and roll up the sleeves approach to solving problems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field
The following experience and/or certifications are preferred:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or related field
- Experience in the SaaS or software industry
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world. We focus on building software for the childcare sector.
- A competitive compensation package
- The ability to work from anywhere in the United States with the willingness to travel up to 25% within the U.S., particularly for collaborative work and team retreats.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive benefits package
If you are interested in joining the Controltec family, please send your resume to Lynn Sanger, firstname.lastname@example.org.