Manage all day-to-day functions of Accounts Payable and portions of Accounts Receivable.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Perform all work associated with the functions of accounts payable for business activities across multiple states.
- Verify and reconcile for accuracy, research and resolve discrepancies, code with proper client/job accounts and/or expense accounts, process and post/enter in QuickBooks, and file appropriately all documents in a timely manner, such as:
- Vendor invoices and statements, client payments received, deposits, employee expense reports, petty cash reports, and credit card statements.
- Process recurring unearned and unbilled revenue transactions or invoices. Reconcile related account balances.
- Reconcile loan transactions and balances, and assist with entering journal entries, as needed.
- Communicate professionally and timely, and provide customer service to vendors and clients to answer their inquiries, reconcile account balances, and process/provide document corrections. Fulfill requests from coworkers as needed.
- Create purchase orders for vendors as needed.
- Work with Contracts Administrator and Sales
- Assist with client invoices if needed.
- Coordinate client-related information changes and/or make edits QuickBooks.
- Provide client invoice payment status as needed, and assist with collection of delinquent accounts.
- Provide reports for and assist Manager of Accounting with month- and period-end close tasks, and additional projects as requested.
- Assist with reconciliation of monthly benefits invoices and paycheck deductions. Liaise with HR to verify correct amounts, and process invoice or deduction corrections.
- Produce accounting reports as needed or requested.
- Analyze, investigate, and correct accounting entries as needed.
- Assist with timesheet system (TSheets) and employee inquiries or problems.
- Help create or improve workflows and processes for efficiency and organization.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with accounts payable and receivable. Proficiency with the double-entry accounting system. Familiarity with general ledger and GAAP a plus. Proficiency with mathematics, and electronic filing/organization.
Minimum of intermediate level of skill with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with TSheets a plus.
- Communicate effectively and follow instructions orally and in writing, and with all levels of an organization and with external parties.
- Deal tactfully and professionally with others.
- Exercise complete discretion in handling confidential information.
- Work independently, be organized and accurate, and pay attention to details.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Exercise sound judgment and common sense.
Supervision of Others
Currently, no supervision of others is necessary.